So, this week has been a mix of highly and not at all eventful! Market day was market day, and it was really cool. I absolutely love the environment here, and it was extremely exciting, although I didn't buy anything (Elder Carver got a chess set). Went to Wendy;s, which was weird, but the plaza was interesting.
I'm sitting on about $10 in Quetzales and hoping I can find something to use them for. The proper army of pigeons was distracting, and I unfortunately let my timidity get in the way of doing contacts properly, but between everyone, we placed 5 copies of the Book of Mormon and my District is really fired up to do practices and get out in the field, which is what I was praying for, anyway. In the Evening Devotional, we saw like 5 people from my BYU Ward so Elder Strein and I were just having a good time (including Elder Tyler Persson, one of my roommates :> ).
Since then, it's been pretty chill. This morning may have been the last Temple Trip for a looooooong time. Some Salvadoran Elders say that most parts of El Salvador are more or less like here, which I don't mind since it hasn't been bad at all. I've also heard of some difficulties we'll probably find there (My teacher had a Hermana at the MTC from El Salvador who didn't know what the Gospel was, or more so, what a question was). I'm still District Leader, and things have been pretty solid in the District, and the CCM in general. This group is better than the last one in some areas, but punctuality and noise has been way worse. We've been teaching 2-3 practice investigators every day besides Sundays and P-Day, such that it was weird only having 1 yesterday.
All es lo que es. I probably won't get to write next week, almost certainly not the general email and only maybe a "I haven't died email" to my immediate family, so just be aware of that. I've been drawing a bit, doing a lot of scripture memorization, and am about to break p 500 in the Libro de Mormon. Not bad for 3.5 weeks. And recounting Twilight Zone episodes is terribly enjoyable. Just storytelling in general. I'll probably make some storybooks or something like that for the lessons, to help teach children and people who don't know Spanish/poorly educated.
Yeah, exciting tiiiiiiimes. Just remember, 1) we're going to Build ZION, 2) find the words of life and treasure them up because they are the beeeeeeeeest!
Adios for this week, and thanks to everyone who's written me :>
Elder Jacob Newman
No comments:
Post a Comment