Did exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Tuesday. Their area is just across the bridge, but it's totally different as far as financial prosperity and all that. People have cars and paved roads. :0 But yeah, I learned a lot, and I did splits with Elder Gibson, who's been out for 22 months. A lot more English than usual, and I slept in a hammock that they have at their house.
Friday, we had interviews with President Vásquez, and I'm pretty fond of him. I'm probably going to do training or something on my 3rd-5th change, because everyone has told me as much and they kind of expect me to do leadership stuff. Zone Conference on Saturday that was pretty normal insofar as I know.
Saturday, I got ¿robbed? for the first time. All the drunks start appearing on your 3rd week, just so you know. So, we were waiting at the door of an investigator's house, and this guy just comes up to us, clearly drunk, and talking to us. I don't understand drunken Spanish, but we opened our backpacks and showed him we were only carrying books. So we gave him a Law of Chastity and Restoration pamphlet, hugged?, talked with a family member of the investigator while he was waiting, and then parted ways. :y It was really weird.
Yesterday, we helped clean up a house that got burned through. The work wasn't especially hard, but it was unpleasant to see. THe only things that survived (minus the house, being concrete), where the Church materials and the surfaces they immediately rested upon. The copies of the Book of Mormon had the outside blackened a bit, even when the shelf they were on was black and breaking to the touch. Where the copies had been set, the wood was good as new. In other places I found warped metal, and literally everything was burnt, so it was interesting to see.
Oh, and I'm learning a lot about architecture possibilities. SInce they build their homes directly here, they do what they want. Wish I could use a building sim or something to just tinker with stuff :>
Only pictures for this week are from an art book I'm doing to help teach lessons. Can't think of anything to draw for the Atonement because my drawing isn't really suitable for the sacred nature of it, but c'est la vie.
Adios,
Elder Newman
No comments:
Post a Comment