Villa Mariona
Changes were this week! But surprise, I'm still in the same Zone! Also surprise, I'm opening an area again! That means I've opened 1/4 of the Zone (2 out of 8 areas)!
I'm now in an area called Villa Mariona. It was closed for a few months, but we've been able to communicate well with the Bishop and Ward Missionaries. We think we have a house but we haven't moved in yet.
But this last week was crazy as will the current.
Elder Pérez was sick up until changes, but we got to do some good lessons on the way. I left some letters to some people and left a last lesson for as many as I could.
Day of changes Bishop just took us to different houses of members to get to know them. The area is kind of ridiculously organized (almost no useful bus routes, various rivers with a small number of bridges, lots of hills, etc). And we crossed a really dangerous bridge for no reason because there is an alternate route that takes like 2 minutes more. :<
Thursday! Finding people! We went with an elderly member who pretty much just wants to go with the missionaries all the time and likes to walk. But we found a great investigator named E de G, who is this brothers granddaughter (Hno. A) and is married to an active member. They have a 6 year old son. It's pretty great.
Friday! Choir practice! We're learning also As Heaven's Dew Distilling or whatever it's called in English to the tune "Guard Him, Joseph." One lesson with Emma, then we spent 3 hours doing baptismal interviews in Quezaltepeque. A member in Quezaltepeque was going to drive us home, since Quezalte is 40 minutes from home, but he took a pill and when he told us that he couldn't, the last bus had already left. So we slept with the Elders in Quezalte. ... and we had the keys to the house so the Elders in whose house we live slept with the other Elders in their District.
And yeah, Saturday and Sunday was finding more people.
This week: Today- Interviews with President. Tuesday- Final Choir
Practice Wednesday or Thursday- Temple Trip Friday- Elder Nelson comes to give a Multi Mission Conference, and somewhere during all this are 3 more baptismal interviews in Quezalte and moving to our new house in our area. Buena vida. :>
And I've completed approximately 2/3 of my mission :< math has betrayed me
but yeah that's how it's goind down here. Enjoy everything up there! or wherever you are relative to me! Echen fuego!
Elder Newman
No comments:
Post a Comment