San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Thursday, January 7, 2016

1/07/16

Today is Thursday! Yesterday was Wednesday!

Yesterday was not our P-Day since we had a Multi-Zone Conference with President Vásquez. Well, today's not our P-Day either (P-Days sometimes just disappear in the Office) but we at least have permission to write home :>. We learned a lot about consecration and my personal favorite was teachings about testifying of blessings with more applied and specific and potent blessings. I also presented my statistical analyses. Not sure how much everyone else got out of them, but ni modo pues. I feel like it was useful. Applying that in the lessons last night produced some lovely feelings of repentance.

We also got a birth certificate from la alcaldía de San Salvador, Elder Frazier has taken 2 of 3 driving tests he needs to get out his licencia de conducir salvadoreña.

Going backwards, Tuesday we had a great Family Home Evening with familia Esquivel (investigators) and la familia Rodríguez (1st Stake Counselor's family). Katerin, the young woman of the family, (I'm never confident in writing the Spanish version of Catherine since I've seen more than enough forms of it) is pretty likely to be baptized soon and the parents are coming a long. We've been focusing on finding new and old investigators. We're trying to boost progression and help people be baptized and converted.

Well, ¡feliz semana! We'll have an Apostle visit this month, a worldwide Missionary Conference, and then next month, Elder Duncan, Area President, visits. Busy days.

Oh, and the least fun news of the week is that Change/Transfer Meetings are no longer a thing. That's mostly relevant to me since said meetings were the entire material distribution system. So I'm working on figuring out how to get materials from here to the 90+ areas in El Salvador. I've got a plan to get it to each Zone, but I still don't have it figured out after that, given that various Zones are well spread out (2+ hours of travel time in sketchy buses with several heavy boxes is not something I plan to encourage). Any insights appreciated.

Fotos: 1. Where I was today from 6 to 6:45 AM waiting to send some suitcases with someone who's going to Honduras.

2. Light noodles from taking longer exposure photos on New Year's Eve.

Oh, and clearly we have gone around the sun once since 2014. Remember, the significance of your age is the number of times you've traveled around the sun.

Welp, we'll see each other! John 12:44-50, Moses 6:59-61

Elder Newman



No comments:

Post a Comment