We found a ton of fantastic people this week, including a reference from Pres. Vásquez! It's an hermana named F, who works in the Temple's cafeteria! We found the inactive granddaughter and her husband of some super powerful members, and wow! A lot of people are also committed to come to Conference and are showing a lot of interest.
The only downside is that I have transfers this Wednesday, which means I will not see the 5 or so people probable for baptism be baptized, but we'll just have to catch up in the Celestial Kingdom! The blessings of hard work aren't diminished just because you're not present to see the fruits! But I loved this area and I guess I now get to learn to love a ton of new people and a new area!
But E and P got baptized! Everything went perfect, which is perfect because E had a commitment from 3 months ago for yesterday and almost didn't come to be confirmed, but she has her faith where it needs to be. We got them giant sheets of paper and invited all the members to write a message to them on it, and I drew something chiquito for the both of them. The grandma of P has decided to be an active member of the Church again! She'd been inactive for something like 10-20 years. Elder R and I sung a special piece for the service.
This week was kind of weird since we got lost in San Salvador Monday, trapped in Quezaltepeque due to transportation problems Wednesday, and we went to San Salvador again Friday and had a significant hiccup in the Mission Office, but it was a great week in all respects.
Memorizing scriptures is a really good way to integrate the doctrine they teach into your life. I've been focusing on making time to do so, and I've now memorized Moroni 7:45-48 and DyC 121:41-46. They bring a lot of strength and improve your memory. 1 or 2 verses a day adds up really fast.
I also spoke yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, about the premortal love in our families and how we can remember and increase that love (charity) in this life so that we might be restored to eternal families in the next life, since we will all be restored to a more glorious form of what we now have. If there is no eternity, no eternal love in us, then we will simply not exist in the next life. Si no tenéis caridad, no sois nada.
Charity is one of the most important themes we could possible practice or study. Also Leviticus 26 is a cool exposition on the universal effect of obedience and disobedience.
Nos veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeemos for this week!
Elder Newman
No comments:
Post a Comment