San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Friday, October 2, 2015

Hello. I have an abundance of time to write you all and nothing to say.‏

Hello, everyone! I now write on Fridays! Isn't that wonderful?

Well, changes came and the long-anticipated suprise-to-no-one event occured: I am now in the Mission Office. I will be the new General Secretary, which means I do everything nobody else does (materials, references, numbers, reports). It's kind of weird doing a desk job, especially since I was feeling pretty good about the work, but así que se vaya. El Señor doesn't change things up if there is no potential to increase your happiness.

The most surprising part about that is that I already have a lot of time in the mission. The General Secretary who's leaving the Office is Elder Hilton, who came with me to the mission. One is usually in the Office for 4+ transfer cycles, and I only have 5 left. I'll probably spend 4 changes here and leave to work hard my last change. That means if you happened to be planning to send me something, right now would be quite opportune, as I am the one who processes mail.

The other surprise is that they closed the old area of my group of secretaries. That means I am simultaneously opening area, learning secretary work, and doing said work. We also have the luck that it is the beginning of both the month and the transfer, which means all the monthly reports are due and all the transfer specific reports have to be updated and issued. To this point, we have left the Office no earlier than 6 PM. I have: copy-pasted a bajillion times, remembered how to use Excel, checked a mission vehicle, organized a bunch of packets, answered a ton of calls to a business called Manpower who used to have our number, and yeah.

The third sorpresita is that the new area we're opening happens to be the other area of my 2nd Ward! I'm back in Los Alpes, San Marcos, just on the other side. I still haven't seen too many people, because, well, we've only gotten back to the area at 7 and have had to leave at 8 given that we have no house, but I've seen Bishop and a few more people. And we've found 1 investigator. Yeah!



A picture on LDS.org (of President Nelson meeting with the mission presidents of the area). If the camera were angled 20° or so to the right, I'd be there.

In the photos: some photos from Villa Mariona (I really liked that area) and my trio, Elder B (the migration secretary), Elder H, and myself.





I suppose that's everything. It's weird having a desk job, using a computer, and all that, but at least it means I'll be more prepped for coming home. :/ I just don't like the prospect of having to drive a car again, which assumedly I'll do soon.

Elder Newman

Remember, Fridays are the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment