San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Road trips (dando vueltas por todos lados)‏

So the last two weeks have been pretty hectic.

The week before the current was chilly. It supuestamente snowed on one of the mountains in Chalatenango. But still having cold showers was unpleasant.

Elder Duncan, Area President, gave a lot of instruction as well. We had a general meeting for the central zones on Wednesday (thus no PDay) and Leadership Council on Friday. More than anything I can say I came out of that with a higher hope and desire regarding hastening the work.

This week Elder P and I are dropping off materials everywhere while we get more sophisticated distribution systems organized. We covered the outskirts of San Salvador yesterday and went up to Chalatenango and enjoyed a dreadful amount of traffic on all the roads where there is normally no traffic at all. It was nice seeing some of my old areas. We took advantage of the opportunity to get photos from inside the truck of stuff that we normally wouldn't be able to record (since we don't use cameras during proselyting). The weirdest thing was the wheeled dog in Aguilares, a small pueblito between Apopa and Chalatenango. It was also the first time I'd been to Alta Vista and Chalatenango.

Tomorrow we'll be up at 5 to start getting things going to the the eastern missionaries. It'll be the first time I've been to Oriente since I left Usulután at the end of my training. It'll be cool seeing all that again. The good thing is that we've been able to make clean, linear routes to hit a key area in every zone. The country being small also helps.

P´s baptism is this Saturday. We hope that the Spirit there will help the rest of her family members to keep the commandments and make the final decision. Her grandfather, younger sister, and cousin are members but nobody has been baptized in the family for about 7 or 8 months. It'll also be the first time that I get to baptize someone myself for a long time.

We're working on some changes in the reports and I'm drafting a manual for Elder P. He's really good and was Zone Leader up until he entered the Office. The Elders who are in the Office now are quite experienced.

But yeah, that's the two weeks!

Take care!

Elder Newman

Mosiah 18: 21 And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another. 22 And thus he commanded them to preach. And thus they became the children of God. 23 And he commanded them that they should observe the sabbath day, and keep it holy, and also every day they should give thanks to the Lord their God.
























No comments:

Post a Comment