San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

you could even say that things *happened*‏

So, I'll be brief in describing this week because a ton happened.

First, we had exchanges Tuesday, so I was with Elder W in Santo Tomas for the day. He's still in training, we got rained on since San Salvador decided it was winter again after not raining for like 2 weeks and my himnal was quite put out by the experience.


We also had my birthday, which was pretty chill. We bought some Ding Dong knockoffs and put 19 matches in it, plus ordered le Pizza Hut. (also Sunday night my companion conspired against me and threw a birthday party thing.)



Zone Conference Saturday, plus the baptism of the M family!!! They'll be super good members. They were thinking about their sealing in the temple before their baptism even happened :>


There's these "houses" here called champas or champitas (example above) that are just made out of a wood frame and putting laminates as walls, roof, doors, etc, a few meters in dimension. My companion wants to live in one to get through college, just build one in the USU fields. (it's weird to go into a champa and see a Plasma TV but that happens)

Anyway, it was a pretty busy week and as such there are pictures (incredible).

My current goal is getting better at repentance. I have a hard time talking to the people in the street, but I hope to get better at that. Praying a lot. Elder E is super chill, and we get along well enough together that he's starting to pull minor pranks on me :y

I hope everything goes well, have a great week! Do the best with what you already have and make something more of it :> Happy October, the best month of the year (Christmas is the other best month)

Elder Jacob Newman, más o menos salvadoreño

No comments:

Post a Comment