San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, October 6, 2014

I don't understand email titling well‏

We saw all of Conference in English, but there was a blackout for a few minutes of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk in Priesthood Session and we had to use church internet for the Sunday Morning Session, and it was really bunk, so we missed like 2 or 3 talks. Conference was pretty fantastic, but the rest of the week already feels like ancient history, beyond living memory. That's usually why I don't feel like there's much to write. But Pres. Uchtdorf's talk on Saturday Morning was super good. Light is one of my favorite gospel images, and astronomy one of my favorite sciences. He was speaking my language. There were also some really good tests and principles that are easy to apply. And listening to the 2 Spanish talks was good. Pres. Uchtdorf does his own translations in German, and his German voice is quite distinct from his English one (and some others do it for Spanish and Portuguese).

We have a baptism coming up this 11th. (and my birthday the 10th but that scarcely matters) The couple is beyond ready. The husband has a progressive lung disease that causes his lungs to shrink with time, and he has an incredible faith that his disease will die in the waters of baptism. He's already lucky that he doesn't use a respirator already, since they're usually necessary at 18 years (he's 28).

I don't really know what to do about my feet at this point more than pray and do feet baths. I also didn't know that ingrown nails are caused by them being too short, so I've definitely been making things worse this whole time. Elder E is also having weird stomach problems but we determined last night that it might be the chili he uses. The other elders in the Ward have it worse. One had Dengue last month and now Chinkongunya. It's also warming up since it's not raining much now.

But I feel generally happier right now. Gonna apply daily repentance and change some things from here on.

Have a good week! Feel the Spirit, and have continuous revelation!

Elder Newman





No comments:

Post a Comment