This week was pretty chill. I kind of messed up my first District Meeting (which is pretty great since one of the Assistents to the President was there), but I managed to make it somewhat useful. We also had a service activity painting a school Saturday with half the zone. That was pretty cool. A lot of people are busy with Christmas, so we haven't been able to find as many people,.but that's how it goes. The Ward also had it's Christmas activity. We ate well and some investigators came, and that's what's important.
From what I understand, Christmas really isn't anything special in the mission here. I just figure I won't sleep because it's the culture here to do fireworks alllllllllllllllllll night. Also our Zone Conferences are maximo 1, 2 buses away, so like $3 at worst wherever in the mission. I feel like the point of money is pretty easy here. I always have left over money.
The most positive families right now are the familia Ayala, Hermano Edihim, and the familia Monterosa. F. Ayala has been visited by the missionaries hace rato (for quite a bit. Elder Rojas contacted them a year ago in a different area and then they moved here and other Elders contacted them again, including Elder Beecher who was with me in the MTC.). They're not so good for reading the Book of Mormon, but they attend church by their own choice (we don't have to provide transport or bother them or anything), and they're reading the Conference Liahona. They're progressing a lot. Hno. Edihim is super positive, he's been visited for a month I think, but yesterday was the first time he came to church. I feel like the Gospel Principles class' theme of the Final Judgment was actually just what he needed to hear. F. Monterosa we just found, but they're very friendly, investigated the Church in the past, and are quite sincere. So yeah, keep moving forward! I'm getting better at doing street contacts, and we could have 3 baptisms this change.
Always remember to pray! Try to have as few prayers per day, i.e., aim to have one, continuous prayer from dawn til dusk. For those of you with Patriarchal Blessings, remember to live such that you may receive the blessings thereof! And always be making yourself worthy of your (future/current - select one) spouse! Just do all the things in their good and proper order!
CON TODO,
Elder Jacob Newman
fotos yeeeeeeeeeeeah, some shots of the Aguas de Ilopango, San Marcos, Elder R, and after our house in Soyapango, Elder R, and a service activity painting a school.
have fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun Christmas was meant to be coooooooooooold
I hope that it might be an absoultely wonderful Christmas back home :>
No comments:
Post a Comment