San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, December 8, 2014

Starting with the important things like always:

It's getting close to New Years, so make sure to have the Little Matchstick Girl at the ready.

I don't remember the words to Alouette at all. I love the tune though. I don't even remember if the lyrics are in French or translated. :y

Elder Romero just has a ton of pills but going to the neurologist here isn't a big deal because medicine is kind of weird generally in this country.

I got one of my Christmas packages and I want to open it cus it has ties (and I heard that the other's in the mission office) but you can't open Christmas presents until Christmas :<

Anyway, the most important thing I've heard this week goes as follows:

"charity=consecration"

or something like that because I hear everything in Spanish and that's more or less how it translates (caridad=consagración)

But it's a lovely thought

It feels like everything's harder here than it should be. Especially all the gangs. Apparently, Honduras applied the death penalty to being a gangster, so like all their gangsters moved to El Salvador and that's why everything has gotten really bad here. Here's pretty chill, once and a while we get an impression not to go to tal y tal lugar, but ni modo (such and such a place, but I did so). We've got a few neighborhoods still made of dirt and some champas, generally thin pasajes (passages) for all the housing, but we do have a freeway right though the area. We live in a gated community with guards.

Last PDay we had a Pumpkin Pie as a kind of super late half Thanksgiving, and I've already gotten one of my Christmas packages. As far as teaching goes, it's been pretty slow, with a low number of scheduled visits, but c'est la vie. This week I expect to be much better. There's one pair in particular that's moving along nicely. They've come to Church twice already, the wife is the cousin of a member and has known various members, they're reading the Book of Mormon, and watched the Christmas Devotional last night. The only thing is that they aren't married (people should just get married if they're going to have a family. It's like 400000 times easier.). Journal writing is still A+, and I feel most particularly that it helps me regulate my moods and stay happier more. It's important.

Oh, and we're going to help a member put up Christmas lights tomorrow. Yes.

And transfers are Wednesday. Throwing everything in the air like always.

Gonna have a good weeeeeeeeeeek yesh

Elder Newman

Fotos son aburridas y nunca jamás se las enviaré a Uds. (photos are boring and never ever will send it to you again)

No comments:

Post a Comment