Important questions first:
What is inverse sugar? (It's in Swedish Fish)
How does the saying "If wishes were fishes..." end?
Favorite statements:
A living prophet is of greater value than a dead one, e.g., Adam was not given revelation to build the Ark of Noah. (Pres. Benson)
The worth of a human soul is its potential to become like God. (cited by Pres. Monson)
Otherwise, things have just been going along. My goal this week is to develop goal following habits. I know a lot of stuff that I could do better, and I make pretty good goals sometimes, so I guess I just need to apply them better. Also work more by the Spirit.
Things that are going better this week: consistent journal writing (it is a commandment), contacting a little bit. Otherwise same old. My goal for the week is to set 1 daily goal to improve on, then continue it for the rest of the week and así voy mejorando (so I'm getting better).
Speaking of Spanglish, sometimes it's really fun being the only English speaker. A member asked me to sing Teach Me to Walk in the Light in English (she asked in Spanish), but I only remembered the opening and closing lines to the hymn, so I sung the main body about how I'm the only one who's aware that I'm not singing the lyrics correctly. But that's just shenanigans.
Oh, and Friday we just spent the whole day in buses because my companion went to the neurologist for migraines. And one of my shirts got a small puncture because bus chairs here are ghetto and have stuff sticking out and they decided to be rude. Saturday, the part of my watch that holds the strap broke. Then Sunday, one of my two long sleeve shirts got a massive tear in the sleeve because it caught on a parked truck that also had a thing just jutting out for the sake of it. Fortunately, our laundry lady said she knows someone that might be able to clean them up well. Fingers crossed. (but really, after 7 months without incident, 2 shirts in a weekend). We passed by the Mission Office while going to the neurologist and picked up 2 packages, particularly my birthday package. Chivo (literally translates "kid." Probably like saying "dude" here).
We'll see how everything goes this week! Hoping it'll be something different!
Exchanges still haven't happened. I most of all hope to lift my faith. It feels like things are a bit overstressed here and we don't end up working super quality, so I really want to fulfill my goals. I'm pretty rubbish at changing my lifestyle to meet them, so I don't know. Work more on having the Spirit and all that. Though I'm doing pretty well with respect to my journal writing.
Oh, and I have my BDay package and the envelope filled with stuff from the Liahona. Thanks a lot :>
Hope your week goes very spiffingly.
Adiós (siempre se me olvida que adiós tenga acento), y dele con todo (Goodbye ( I always forget goodbye has accent) , and give all)
Elder Newman
photos:
1. my companion likes plastic animals and stuff like that. If we're still together for Christmas, I'm going to buy him Monopoly.
2. parked trucks are rude.
3. my companion messing with my camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment