The craziest week of my mission just passed but also this week is changes. Everything's moving super fast. Elder Paiz went home to Guatemala for 4 days due to a family emergency (everything's fine now), and I ended up working with the Zone Leaders in the meanwhile. Super crazy, being in trio like that. We went to the Temple on Thursday because our areas had baptized 2 people (the monthly goal in the mission), met a returned missionary who gave me a referral. We had to take buses normally to get there, which was a bit of an adventure, if for nothing more than traffic. We only got back at 3 in the afternoon, without having lunched or anything. But I was able to buy a bunch of materials for our investigators.
Saturday we did a service at a school, macheteing tall grass. We were on a cliff and we started casting the waste material below, which was fine until the workers at the school started burning it to get rid of it. Smoke rises and all, and us being on a cliff right above the fire made it a bit hard to keep working :y but I got some cool pictures. Elder Paiz came back right before we had to enter at 6 on Saturday (so I missed the baptism of the Zone Leaders), but even though we hadn't been able to visit anyone all week, Familia Monterosa still came to church, we did divisions Sunday in the afternoon, and we had a very good Sunday. This week was super fast and super hefty. And I don't know who won the elections.
Remember that all those who serve God sincerely begin to resemble Him!
Elder Jacob Newman Salvadoreño
No comments:
Post a Comment