San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, March 30, 2015

Still al suave‏

We did a fair bit of running around, but not so much finding people this week, and no nonmembers coming to Church. :(

On the bright side, A. has been a much happier person with his baptism. Healthier, too, which is very good given his age. I don't particularly remember him smiling before, but he was very smiley during Church, and Saturday asked us about how he could help in the Church. He has a much more mature faith in the Plan of Salvation. The Spirit is helping him a ton.

Plus at least one older couple that we visit is now effectively activated. If only their kids would come to Church and go on missions!

Though we found 2 young couples, both of them the wife being pregnant, which brings the sum of pregnancies in our investigator pool to 3. The good thing about it is that it awakens people to a more spiritual sentiment, given the powers of Creation being so near. The pillar of hope is the Temple Trip Thursday, since we have 21 people confirmed, and about 20 more invited, and the Ward has at least 8 confirmed. Then, General Conference!

In health, I sunburned my legs last Pday and Saturday I scraped up my knees bad playing soccer (the DL fell on me), but it wasn't too bad. Although there is pus now in my knees. I try to use the antibiotic cream, but since I'm always walking, anything I put on to cover the wound just gets taken off by my pants. We keep moving forward.

The new Liahona has some very good truths. I had always wondered how to have faith in miracles if I didn't know if they were going to happen or not, due to God's will, but the article of Power of Faith cleared that up, plus I like the model of distinguishing weakness from sin. I feel that most positive investigators are weak, not sinful, and should be treated as such. Sometimes they were sinful, but are at the point of being humbled, and are so converting sin to weakness to purity. Truly sinful people don't really listen to us :(

Bien, disfruten la semana, y echen fuego! Edifiquen Sión dondequiera que estén, y estarán listos para la Sión Celestial, la presencia de Dios. (Well , enjoy the week , and let fire! Build up Zion wherever you are, and be ready for the heavenly Zion, the presence of God. [Thank you, google translate.])

Salú, que les vaya bien en todo! Les quiero! (Good wishes,  and that all goes well! I love you all!)

Elder Newman Salvadoreño

No comments:

Post a Comment