San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, July 6, 2015

In which the 4th of the July was celebrated‏

This week was kind of slow because Elder V was suffering severe body pain from the waist down. So in that respect, not too much happened. I wrote a ton of letters to converts, read a lot of the Teachings of the Prophets, etc. The 4th of July passed without import.

Yesterday we had a good activity in the Stake. I finally received my birthday present from the Church, es decir (that is to say), I finally saw all of Meet the Mormons (which came out my last birthday). One of the important pieces of doctrine I got out of it is that it doesn't matter so much what you do as how you do it. God doesn't have one life planned out neatly for you- you can do many things and equally please God. There isn't just one career that is a perfect match, because you'll be able to build the kingdom in whatever path you choose. (the same principle I believe applies to marriage. There is no soulmate, rather, you have many options and being married under the laws of eternity, the spouse gradually becomes your soulmate).

I have ingrown toenails again :> And we cleaned the house this morning and I read the entire book of Revelation. You can do a lot before 10 AM.

Elder V received notice that he has transfers last night. So Wednesday, I'll be receiving a new companion. This is only the 2nd time that I'll spend so much time in 1 area. I suppose that there's still bastante que hacer (enough to do).

So yeah, that's the week I guess. La vida es buena (Life is good), we're here to be happy, and as such, happiness is never out of our reach. Let us be saved!

Glory to the Good God who reigns!

Elder Newman


No comments:

Post a Comment