San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, July 27, 2015

"kiwi is the father of all fruit" - I don't remember why someone was talking to us about fruit‏






So I actually could have been loading photos most Mondays but I was so used to computers not having an SD port that I didn't check in the ciber that we currently use. :> So here's a brief summation of these pictures:
a picture of Elder W and Elder P doing nothing, Pollito (Little Chicken), Elder V burning trash in the backyard, and me with the Ward Mission Leader of Los Alpes during the change meeting with an investigator who just got baptized! I started teaching him when I was over there, and he got baptized a week before changes and wanted to come to the change meeting to see the mission.

Important news: we found a lot more people this week. Most of them were kind of weird, but así que se vaya (that's how it goes). Jehovah´s Witness, Catholics, Evangelicals, etc. Last night we found a self-proclaimed hippie who is super cool. We were looking for another reference when he saluted us with "Elder" and when we couldn't find the reference, we went and talked with him. He used 2 arm-canes to walk and has crazy hair and had an ash tray and a pistol on a table in front of him, while watching the Tour de France, but it worked out well. A large chunk of his family just got baptized in another area, and he liked the talks he had with the Elders there.

So yeah. Life is liffing at a rather liffy pace.

And yesterday all of our plans exploded and came to naught (which was ok in the end) because we were asked to attend a training meeting for Ward Councils by Pres. Vásquez and we also attended a Stake Bishopric Meeting. It was cool seeing how Stakes work even though we didn't strictly do anything.

And of course we're now in a trio, since Elder P joined us due to emergency changes Tuesday. He's the first person I've met from Belize! Belizeños speak British English with a Latino accent! So we all still speak too much English. His mother is from Ahuachapan, El Salvador, and his paternal grandparents are from México.

And R S is all clear to get baptized this Saturday! It's super great because he's had a ton of contact with the Church but only recently decided to try it out and repent! His 14 year old son was baptized 5 or so years ago.

And Antonio Ayala, a recent convert, finally received the Aaronic Priesthood yesterday! That's super important since that was like my first assignment from the Bishop when I got here 4ish months ago, preparing him for that.

And Familia V came to Church and C U will probably get married which means he can get baptized! Yay!

That's all for now!

Elder Newman

I also found this on the Meet the Mormons disk it's so perfect
Mormon Messages for Youth

No comments:

Post a Comment