San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Friday, October 9, 2015

No Subject

First: the funny thing about having you all write on Friday is that President gave us a PDay on Wednesday so this is the 2nd and last time I expect to write on Friday. Assumedly, I'll write next Wednesday. (It's a good change, given that last PDay on Monday we didn't leave the Office until 7 PM).

We have had General Conference, a Multizone Conference, and a pretty busy week. I'm fairly in the swing of things in the Office. I am working on D&C 20:37 for my ponderization. I loved something that was said in one of the prayers: Let us not only endure to the end, but enjoy to the end.

It seems to me that 3 significant themes were:

1. Women

2. Sabbath Day Observance
(after all, the Sabbath Day is the only day of the week where we are limited to the things we will do in the Celestial Kingdom. If we cannot enjoy them now or make them a priority, how will we be able to enjoy the Celestial Kingdom? God will not be so cruel as to assign us to the highest joy if we are not prepared or willing to understand it.)

3. Renewing Spiritual Happiness

The nice thing about being in the Office is that I know that a lot of my investigators in Villa Mariona went to Church :>

In our area, we've had some difficulties in finding a lot of positive people, but we do have a few good families. We taught a brief English class to 3 niñas yesterday. We've also moved houses (since we're opening a new area), moved a bunch of supplies (since we're trying to compact our material storage because we like to save money).

In theory, I should get my Salvadoreño Driver's License today. ¡Que chafa! I don't want to drive- I haven't driven for almost 2 years :y

It's really cool being in my old Ward, although 2/3 converts are inactive. But the members are all pretty great and it's great to see them again.

And to any missionaries or RMs interested, you could send me your baptism photos for a thing I'm doing. And photos in general are also appreciated.

And I felt a strong impulse a few days ago to extend my mission. I want your take on the idea, because I'm not sure yet.

We proselyte generally from 4 to 9, though we've gotten back 3 times at 8 PM, since this last week was beyond busy.

Conference was great, although there were some hiccups. A lot of my investigators from Villa Mariona went.

Elder Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment