San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Church in El Salvador Salutes Thee‏

So, this was a good week. Just to specify, it was indeed a cold day in the Office when I last wrote, but I also had a fever which supplied most of the discomfort. The three of us in my companionship got amoebas! Assumedly an investigator gave us an insufficiently cooked soup. But we've all gotten over it, pretty much. And I learned about amoeba infection development cycles, since my amoebas were immature and caused less harm than they did to Elder Barwick, who had a mature infection.

I am ponderizing: D&C 67:13-14 (10-14).

The Relief Society President's son is moving to the States. It is a sad thing, although he'll probably be happier there, being fluent in English and the youth culture there probably being safer.

The doctrine of covenants is wonderful and clear and precious. We should probably focus on it more, since the corruption of the ordinances was, after all, one of the chief causes of apostasy (1 Nephi 1:27-28, verses 24-26 suggest that materialism and pride were the other significant cause).

It is well after my birthday, but a nifty gift would be sending me all-time favorites from General Conferences and Scriptures. I love scriptures and talks and have free access to them right now.

It's fun being in the Office after having spent so much time near San Salvador. I usually see a member from one of my old Wards about once a week.

I blessed the Sacrament on Sunday, for the first time since the MTC, over a year ago. It was wonderful, passing the cloth and meditating on the Sacramental Prayer with all the delicacy and meditation I could muster. Two of the talks were from members whom I believe are members of the Temple Presidency. It was good.

We're changing a lot in the weekly reports in the Office. We're also trying to run some inventories and we're thinking about creating materials to teach about the Sabbath Day, as the Church has not produced any pamphlets or stuff like that. Pass-along cards and pamphlets about the Sabbath Day would be wonderful!

Enduring to the End, Rejoicing to the End:
Making, Keeping, Renewing Covenants.

Let us live as the Lord's Covenant People!

Elder Jacob Thomas Newman

FOTOS: 

It was Elder Hilton's birthday yesterday. We bought a bunch of crepes.

A sheet I made for teaching about the ordinances of the Gospel.

No comments:

Post a Comment