San Salvador Skyline

San Salvador Skyline

Monday, September 29, 2014

Trees have presented more danger to me in El Salvador than any other given thing‏

So, the big news'd be the following:

Tuesday: First time in the San Salvador Temple.
Wednesday: Had donuts because we went to cover Elder Edwards´ migration status in San Salvador properly.

It's been a pretty calm week in general. Really long though, since we woke up early 4 times and I dunno. I'm still arranging my spare change into little urban scenes, like plazas and stuff. My companion has admitted to being tempted to take his bus fare from the change I haven't involved in construction, but has heretofore denied said temptation. (Important note: heretofore is a wonderful word). American food is something every norte misses though. So donuts was a big deal, and I really want bagels.

So I figured out why the story of the Rich Youth in the New Testament is awesome. He had kept all the laws of commandments, i.e., the law of chastity, law of sacrifice, law of the gospel, etc., so he wanted to figure out what yet remained to him. Christ answered that he should give all that he has to the poor. In other words, he yet lacked the highest law and covenant outside of marriage, that is, the law of consecration. This, he still had to learn and live.

Piracy is still pretty ridiculous here. Some members were showing us their movie collection, and they'd just have a single DVD with 15 Disney movies pirated that they bought for 50 cents. Quality. There was another one with the Avengers, Thor, and Captain America in one, with the label "totalmente original" (totally original), but in the center of the DVD case was the logo of the Pirate Bay. 

Weekly reading assignment: Doctrine and Covenants 67 because it is a great section.

Photos featured: Temple photos, coin building, maybe something else I can't remember.

I want to get a picture of San Marcos since there are some really good lookouts but we haven't headed out there yet.

Adios, do the best you can, Zion is important, thanks for being you people,

Elder Jacob Newman




No comments:

Post a Comment